Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Wonder of Wish-Fulfilment


by Justine Elyot

Thank you, Ashley, for kindly agreeing to give my vague ramblings a platform – I'm delighted to be here.

Why did I choose to set a series of books around an orchestra? There are all sorts of reasons. Orchestras are full of different people, all creative, many eccentric or unusual in their habits. The potential for personality clashes, deadly rivalries and intense attractions is high. They travel to interesting and glamorous locations, playing beautiful music.

Yes, all of those answer the question. But more than that, writing about musicians gives me the chance to wander down one of the paths untaken in my own life. I've been a passionate classical music lover since my dad used to play his crackly record of Beethoven's Emperor Concerto to me at the age of two or three but I never properly took up an instrument – unless you count the recorder or a shockingly bad stab at the piano. I sang all the time - in choirs and bands and operatic societies, but I often wish I'd studied the violin or perhaps the clarinet, because then I could play in an orchestra, and what a life that would be.

So, yes, playing in the Westminster Symphony Orchestra is my fantasy parallel-universe career and how I have enjoyed it. I don't particularly want to retire but, since Close Harmony is my third and final book in the series, I don't have much choice.

I've still got the memories and the music though…


How do you choose between two perfect men? It’s like choosing your favourite music—certain pieces suit certain moods. Which mood is Lydia feeling the most?
The autumn season of the Westminster Symphony Orchestra finds Lydia unable to choose between passionate Milan and dominant Karl-Heinz—so she decides to give them both a chance. She hops from one bed to the other, trying to weigh up her options. Milan has a hold on her heart, but has never been reliable. Karl-Heinz is a good man, but what is the secret behind his strange repression? Old rivalries and new jealousies are kindled while Lydia works hard at having the time of her sex life.
No trio has ever practised quite as hard as this…But there is trouble in paradise for Ben and Vanessa, too, as a face from Vanessa’s past makes an unwelcome appearance and all seems impossible to resolve.
Amid turbulent emotions and orchestra rehearsals, the musicians work hard to negotiate a path to happiness. Will music prove to be the food of love, or a poison, infecting the future?
Reader Advisory: This book contains BDSM, MMF ménage and MM, as well as references to rape and sexual assault.
The book is available now, along with the two previous instalments, from Total E-Bound: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=2099

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.